« All Events
Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom for Beginners
22 Sep 2019 @ 11:00 - 13:00
A 2-hour, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop workshop for beginners. The instructor of this brief but intense session is Beno Saradzic, a multi-award-winning visual artist and an... more
A 2-hour, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop workshop for beginners. The instructor of this brief but intense session is Beno Saradzic, a multi-award-winning visual artist and an educator. Learn to harness the power of these modern digital darkrooms from a master of the trade and elevate the level of your photography skills.
Traditionally, a photograph is conceived in two stages.
- A photographer captures light with a camera.
- A captured image is realised in the darkroom and output to media. A photograph is born.
The outline of this workflow was invented more than a hundred years ago and for the most part, it remains the same in the 21st century. Today, we still need a photographer, a camera and a darkroom. But modern cameras are dramatically different to those used by the pioneers. How we develop the images has changed too. Darkrooms are no longer dark and don’t resemble any rooms either. They look a lot more like a computer workstation, running an app. Like Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, for example.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- Import photos into Lightroom, organise and rate them
- Efficiently sort your images for quick selection and editing
- Correct exposure, white balance and adjust tone curves
- Crop, straighten, sharpen and improve your photos
- Save Meta tags and export a batch of photos
- Work with Photoshop at a basic level
- Transform, scale, distort elements
- Remove unwanted objects from the image
- Create layers and perform basic image adjustments
- Use the clone and brush tools
- Work with 3rd party filters
- Save and export your images with appropriate colour spaces